ChARTing Change Art Contest
Terms and Conditions
Contest Rules and Regulations
By participating in the AMES Education Society’s “Change Art Contest Art Contest” (the “Art Contest”), each entrant agrees to be bound by these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of AMES Education Society (“AMES”), which are final and binding in all respects.
To participate in this Art Contest, you have to be:
- A resident of British Columbia
- Between the ages of 14 and 18 at the time of entry
Employees, representatives, and agents of AMES as well as the immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, and siblings) and those living in the same household of such employees, representatives, and agents are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
Contest period + Key Dates
- The contest runs from December 15th, 2020 to May 1, 2021 (midnight)
- All Contest Winners will be contacted via email by May 15th, 2021 to provide details about how to claim prizes
- The Contest results will be announced on AMES Social Media Channels on May 21, 2021
Contest Themes + Objectives
- Creating art to activate System Change
- Drawing attention to inequities, and social and environmental injustices that need to be challenged
- Envisioning better futures
- Visual Arts including drawing, painting, photography, poster art and collage
- Poetry/spoken word including written words, audio recordings, or audio + video
- Music including audio recording, or audio +video
- TikTok / Video
The Contest prizes are:
- 1 iPhone 11 (approximate retail value: $850)
- 1 iPad Air (approximate retail value: $800)
- 2 sets of AirPods (approximate retail value: $250 each)
- 1 1-year Creative Cloud subscription (approximate retail value: $250)
No cash substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed.
“The ChARTing Change” Youth Art Contest has been made possible due to the financial support of:
- BC Arts Council
- The Province of BC
- Coast Capital Savings Foundation.
How to enter
- No purchase or entry fee is required.
- Fill out this application form: Contest Entry
- Attach a picture of your art work (1-10 MB), or include a downloadable YouTube, Vimeo or TikTok link for all audio and video material
Art entry eligibility
Submissions must be original content created by the entrant themselves and must not contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright. Organizations are not eligible.
A Contest moderator will vet submissions to ensure that they do not contain: hate, obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion, or content/images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful.
By participating in this Art Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that they have all required permissions and releases required to share the art and that their Entry:
- is original to them that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Entry used to enter this Art Contest
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- does not contain any reference to any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Sexual activity
- Offensive language and/or symbols
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behavior or conduct
- Personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or email)
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services
- Any identifiable third-party products and/or trade-marks or brands;
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by AMES in its sole discretion
AMES reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to request an entrant to modify or edit their Entry, in order to ensure that the Entry complies with these Official Rules, or for any other reason.
Entries that do not conform with the above will be considered invalid.
Judging / Awarding Prizes
All ART entries are subject to pre-screening by Contest Moderator to ensure compliance with the Official Contest Rules. Any art not in alignment will not be posted or considered eligible.
The ChARTing Change Selection Committee will be comprised of a diverse panel of 4 emerging + seasoned artists (the majority of whom will be BIPOC-Black, Indigenous, People of Colour).
- Concept originality
- Artistic realization
- Emotional impact
- The goal of amplifying the creative visions of multiply-marginalized youth, and ensuring geographic, age and social diversity as determined through the Artist Statement
All Contest Winners will be contacted via email by May 15th, 2021 to provide details about how to claim prizes. The Contest results will be announced on AMES Social Media Channels on May 21, 2021.
Prizes will be awarded only on verification by AMES that all requirements have been met by the potential winners. If for any reason a selected entrant cannot be reached through the contact information provided, or does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of being contacted, or if there is any reason a winner cannot accept the prize as awarded, the next eligible entrant will be awarded the prize. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winners.
AMES will pay the costs to deliver the prizes to the winner’s address provided within British Columbia.
Social Media Statement
Events from this contest may be announced and promoted on various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tik Tok, but contest entry and administration will take place through the Contest Webpage. Contest winners will also be announced on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and our AMES website, and work featured in the Contest Gallery (unless otherwise specified).
Disclaimers and exclusion of liability
By participating, entrants agree to hold AMES, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other agents, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless against any and all claims, loss, liability, injury, or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this Art Contest. AMES is not responsible for incomplete, lost, or late Entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled, or delayed computer transmission, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Art Contest. AMES is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Art Contest, or in the announcement of the prizes. AMES assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled, or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction, or alteration of Entries at any point in the operation of this Art Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Art Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Art Contest.
AMES reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify, suspend, or terminate this Art Contest, for any reason, including if, in AMES’s sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other cause beyond AMES’s control destroys the integrity of this Art Contest or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness, or proper play of this Art Contest or any part thereof. If, for any reason, this Art Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, violation of applicable law or regulation, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Art Contest, AMES reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Art Contest in whole or in part.